Author Topic: Abby's late paper - Introduction  (Read 3903 times)

janeysue

Abby's late paper - Introduction
« on: April 01, 2006, 10:49:38 PM »
Abby hurried across campus, already five minutes late for class. She’d been in the computer lab, desperately printing the final version of her paper—the one that was due two days ago. According to the syllabus, late papers would not be accepted, but Abby was smart. In her eighteen and a half years of experience, she had learned that petty rules like this did not apply to her.

It was a warm summer day. She wore a stone-washed denim miniskirt, a large tee shirt, bobby socks, and tennis shoes. Her long brown hair flowed behind her as, glancing at her watch, she picked up her pace a bit and dashed into the North classroom building. She entered the auditorium exactly eight minutes late for class, but of course, no one seemed to notice.

Abigail Watson was both brilliant and beautiful, and she knew it. Her looks combined with her ability to manipulate the situation had freed her from responsibility for her own actions for years now. She settled into her seat and pretended to listen to the boring economics lecture being delivered by Professor Joel Graham. Professor Graham, while boring, was handsome. He had black curly hair, intense light-colored eyes (probably blue, but Abby had not yet been close enough to him to be sure), a great smile, broad shoulders, a tight butt, and charisma. In his forties, he generally wore khaki Dockers with a black leather belt, dress shoes, and a short-sleeved, button down shirt.

As the lecture came to a close, Abby yawned. Then, she pulled her paper out of her notebook and waited impatiently for the man to stop talking. Professor Graham happened to glance in Abby’s direction just as she yawned. If she had been paying attention, she would have seen his eyebrows raise slightly as he frowned at her, but she missed it.

As the professor tidied up the podium and slid his notes into his briefcase, he saw the young girl approach him. She was Abigail Watson, 18, between her freshman and sophomore years, taking summer classes so she could graduate early. He knew this because just before class, he had spent time reviewing her academic file. She was also a straight-A student and previous instructors had loved her. Knowing that, he found her behavior in his class curious. Only three weeks into the semester, she had been tardy six times and failed to turn in the first assignment, worth one-third of the grade.

“Professor Graham?”
“Yes, Miss Watson.”
Abby didn’t realize he knew her name. Confused, she held her paper out to him and continued. “I, um, finished my paper and was wondering if I can, um, turn it in now?”
“It was due Monday.”
“I know, and I’m sorry. I just didn’t get it done on time. But I worked hard on it. Could I maybe get some points?”
Professor Graham snapped his briefcase closed.
“Have you read your syllabus, Miss Watson?”
The girl nodded, her eyes widening slightly as she realized this wasn’t going to be so easy.
“Then you know I don’t accept late papers.”
“Yes, but—this is a third of the grade. Please, will you make an exception? Just this once?”
“I’m sorry, Abigail, but no. In the future, manage your time better.”
Amused, he noticed the desperation overtaking her cockiness. “Please, just this once. I promise it will never happen again.” Her pale green eyes filled with tears.
Professor Graham looked at his watch. “Well, maybe we can work something out. Go get your things. You can come to my office and we’ll discuss it further.”
Abby didn’t realize it, but he noted her lips turning up into a smug smile, as though she’d won once again. He watched her tight, round little ass in the miniskirt as she went back to her seat and picked up her books.
“It’s Abby,” she said following him out the door. “My name’s Abby, not Abigail.” He did not respond.

Dusty

• Old Feathery Muffin
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Spanko
Re: Abby's late paper - Introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 12:30:56 AM »
Nice writing janeysue, really got my interest aroused ........then left me hanging.    Might forgive you this once since you are new here but waiting impatiently for the sequel   :roll::whistle:
 :gonnagetit:  :thinking:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 03:41:07 AM by Dusty »

Paddy

• Tech Spanko
  • Super Spanko
  • Confusing I am, yes
    • Spankz Unlimited
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 06:58:49 AM »
Wow - love the tension you're building up janeysue :clap:

But I agree with Dusty  :hmm:  next part - soon please  :hmm: or else  :gonnagetit:
May the tawse be with you.

janeysue

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 10:18:42 AM »
I'm sorry. I'm working on the rest of it. But I thought I'd go ahead and post the beginning before I lost my nerve. I'll get the rest done asap, I promise.

Paddy

• Tech Spanko
  • Super Spanko
  • Confusing I am, yes
    • Spankz Unlimited
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 08:38:43 PM »
I'm sorry. I'm working on the rest of it. But I thought I'd go ahead and post the beginning before I lost my nerve. I'll get the rest done asap, I promise.

Sounds like Abigail isn't the only one with late (or unfinished) paper :whistle: :D ;)
May the tawse be with you.